Who doesn’t love tacos?! This is a great meal for busy weeknights that packs lots of flavor. Additional toppings and variations make them something the whole family will enjoy. The combinations are almost endless.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1.25 oz taco seasoning package of choice
- 3/4 cup water
- 12 taco shells (crunchy or taco tortillas)
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato
- 3/4 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
Cook ground beef (or turkey) over medium-high heat until no longer pink, breaking up the meat, about 6-8 minutes. Drain if necessary.
Add bell pepper, taco seasoning and water. Cook until mixture thickens and water is evaporated. About 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Heat taco shells as desired or directed on package.
Put meat in taco shell, top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream.
Add toppings like avocado, hot sauce or cilantro for additional flavor!
Inspired by and adapted from: Daisy Brands