Sweet Cherrity Pie
What would Dairy Month 2020 be without having our pie and eating it too? This creamy pie recipe from Val Christoph of Liberty Jersey Farm is the perfect balance of tart and sweet that will have every cherry lover coming back for a second slice.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 21 oz can prepared cherry pie filling
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Combine flour, chopped nuts, brown sugar and butter in a 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Stir once about halfway through.
- Reserve a 1/2 cup of the crumbs for top.
- Using a spoon, firmly press remaining warm crumb mixture into an ungreased 10-inch pie plate.
- Chill crust.
- Combine cream cheese, almond extract and powdered sugar in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Spread over crust.
- Fold the prepared cherry pie filling into the whipped cream.
- Spread the topping over the cream cheese filling layer.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Chill 1-2 hours before serving.
Try topping with a little bit of cinnamon or make your cherry pie filling from scratch!
Recipe from: Val Christoph, Liberty Jersey Farm