Süp’s Creamy Tomato Bisque
We joined Kasey and Christian, owners of Süp, as well as their son Soren, to learn how to make their popular creamy tomato bisque. It's an easy dinner option for a weeknight, weekend meal prep or when you need a little warming up on a chilly day. You can watch the video to follow along to see how it's done. Give it a try at home and when you do, don't forget to upload a picture and tag @Sup.Reno and @NevadaMilk.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried ground thyme
- 4 28oz cans of tomatoes (San Marzano)
- 3 cups cream
- 6 cups half and half
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp tabasco
- 1 cup packed chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley
- In a large non-reactive soup pot, add the olive oil, onion, celery and garlic. Sauté over high until translucent and tender.
- Add the white wine, paprika and thyme. Simmer for five minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cream, half and half, Worcestershire and tabasco. Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the basil and parsley.
- Puree until smooth either in a blender in batches or in the pot with an immersion blender.
- Enjoy on its own or with a grilled cheese for that classic pairing!
Recipe courtesy of Kasey and Christian Christensen, owners of Süp.