Rocky Road Ice Cream
While we are all about the Milky Way this month, today is a day to raise a spoon and enjoy this creamy ice cream filled with chocolate, marshmallows and nuts!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup marshmallows, chopped
- 3/4 cup pecans or almonds, chopped
- Marshmallows, chocolate sauce and nuts for topping, if desired
- In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk and unsweetened cocoa powder and whisk until smooth.
- Add chopped marshmallows and chopped nuts to the mixture and stir until combined evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the heavy cream and using a hand mixer on medium-high speed, whisk until the heavy cream forms gentle peaks.
- Fold to the cocoa mixture into the whipped heavy cream.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezable container and freeze the rocky road ice cream until it’s firm enough to scoop. Approximately 4-6 hours.
- Scoop ice cream into bowls, top with marshmallows, chocolate sauce and nuts, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try topping with raspberries, strawberries or any other seasonal fruit.
Inspired by and adapted from: Jo Cooks