Chef Tim of Calafuria shows us how to make a delightfully-dairy Cannoli with ricotta filling! Watch the video to follow along and don’t forget to upload a picture and tag @NevadaMilk and @LibertyFoodandWine when you try it out for yourself!
Ricotta Filled Cannoli
- 1 gallon whole milk
- 1.5 oz lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 cannoli shells
- fresh ricotta
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp diced, candied fruit
- powder sugar (for decoration)
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Once it boils, take it off the heat and add the salt and lemon juice.
- Let sit for ten minutes, then strain through cheesecloth making sure to save the buttermilk.
- Let this drain for at least 20 minutes.
- The ricotta can be used immediately, or saved in the fridge for up to one week.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, place in a pastry bag, and fill up the cannoli shells.
- Decorate with a little bit of powdered sugar.