Who doesn’t love queso dip? This creamy, cheesy dip can be whipped up in about 15 minutes. It is the perfect dip for tailgating, office parties, and just about any occasion.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 13 oz evaporated milk
- 1 cup tomato diced, more for garnish if desired
- 4 oz fire-roasted green chiles chopped, add more for a spicier dip
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Stirring occasionally, cook until garlic is fragrant and onion is translucent (about 2-4 minutes).
- Add cheese, evaporated milk, tomatoes, chiles, milk, flour, salt and pepper.
- Stir until cheese is completely melted and creamy.
- Taste test, add more salt, pepper or chiles to taste.
- If too thick, add 1-2 tbsp of milk until desired consistency is reached .
- Transfer to serving dish, add tomatoes garnish if desired.
- Sever with tortilla chips for dipping.
Change up what you serve the dip with, from pretzels to meatballs this dip is great with anything that can be covered with cheese (which is everything!)
Inspired by and adapted from: Homemade Hooplah