Pasta with Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
If you’re a fan of creamy sauces like alfredo, this different, bolder, cream sauce won’t disappoint. A go-to pasta dish can work for a quick dinner idea, feeding kids and their friends or entertaining guests. Plus, did we mention garlic? Who doesn’t love that?!
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, adjust to taste
- 2 tsp flour + 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Pasta of choice
- Cook pasta based on the package of choice instructions.
- Mash roasted garlic with a fork.
- Whisk flour + heavy cream, set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low/medium heat.
- Add cream and garlic, heat until it simmers.
- Whisk in the black pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Add flour + heavy cream mixture, whisk to remove any lumps before adding if needed.
- Continue to whisk until sauce has thickened, a few minutes.
Add grilled chicken, sausage or even bacon to try this sauce a few different ways.
Inspired by and adapted from: The Chunky Chef