We joined Chef Ivano Centemeri, Executive Chef at The Row, to show us how to make a traditional Italian dessert. Panna Cotta is made with cream and often served with fruit. It is very versatile, easy to make your own unique flavors and simple to put together. You can watch the video to follow along with Chef Ivano to see how it’s done. Give this a try at home and when you do, don’t forget to upload a picture and tag @TheRowReno and @NevadaMilk.
- 4 Pints Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 Oz. Powdered Sugar
- 1 Vanilla bean (or vanilla extract to taste)
- 6 Gelatin sheets (soaked in very cold water)
- 2 Shots Rum, Grand Marnier, or Limoncello (Optional)
- 2 Cups Mixed seasonal berries (or any fruit you like)
- In a pot, mix two (2) pints of the heavy whipping cream, the powdered sugar, the liqueur (optional), and the vanilla bean (split in half)
- Turn the burner on and heat the mixture to a boiling point.
- Pull it off from the stove and add the gelatin sheets (previously soaking in cold water) plus the other 2 pints of heavy whipping cream.
- Pour the mixture into your serving cups, jars or bowls.
- Let is cool down, then cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Top it with your favorite seasonal fruits and serve!
Add a little sugar and lemon juice to your seasonal berries and stir before putting them on your panna cotta for a little extra sweetness and sauciness.