Jalapeño Popper Dip
We are over the moon to share this recipe from our Jennifer Olsen of Sage Hill Dairy with you as part of Dairy Month 2020. This dip is packed with flavor and great for sharing with your family and friends. Did we mention it is filled with cheesy goodness?
- 10 slices bacon, cooked
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 1 can mild green chilies, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup original bread crumbs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chili powder
- Fully cook bacon then drain, chop and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, most of the cooked bacon (reserve some for topping), most of the jalapenos (reserve some for topping), 1 can of diced green chilies, bread crumbs, and 1 cup each of cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. Season with salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Transfer to a small oven-safe baking dish and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, cooked bacon and jalapeno on top.
- Bake until dip is bubbly and golden brown, about 20 minutes (For extra-golden cheese, broil for 3 minutes).
- Serve with fresh vegetables, tortilla chips or baguette slices.
Try pepper jack cheese or Swiss cheese for a bit of a different cheesy flavor. You can also double the recipe for a larger gathering.
Recipe from: Jennifer Olsen, Sage Hill Dairy