Green Bean Casserole Melt & Loaded Baked Potato Soup
We joined Haley and Jessie, owners of Two Chicks, to learn how to make a green bean casserole grilled cheese sandwich AND loaded baked potato soup. Did someone say comfort food? This delicious recipe is perfect for fall. You can watch the video to follow along with Haley and Jessie to see how it's done. Give it a try at home and when you do, don't forget to upload a picture and tag @TwoChicksReno and @NevadaMilk.
Green Bean Casserole Melt
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup french fried onions
- salt and pepper for seasoning
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 4 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz bacon bite-sized pieces
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 med onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- cheddar cheese, chopped bacon and chives to garnish
Green Bean Casserole Mix
- Saute green beans with 1 tsp butter in a skillet until tender crisp.
- Saute garlic and onions in 1 tsp butter until onions are translucent, add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add heavy cream and cook, stirring constantly until thick, add cooked green beans. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to 350.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread and place the bread butter side down on the griddle.
- Add two slices of cheddar to each slice of bread. Smear cream cheese on one side of each sandwich, add green bean casserole mix, top with french fried onions.
- Once the cheese is melted, close up your sandwiches, slice in half and serve!
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Place sliced potatoes into a stockpot and completely cover with 1" of water. Season with ½ tsp salt and cook 8-10 minutes or until potatoes pierce easily with a knife then drain.
- Meanwhile, saute bacon in a dutch oven until crispy then transfer to a plate, reserving 1 Tbsp bacon grease.
- Add 4 Tbsp butter and chopped onions then sautee until tender. Add garlic and cook another minute until fragrant.
- Quickly whisk in the flour. Slowly add 2 1/2 cups milk and 2 1/2 cups broth, whisking constantly then bring to a soft boil.
- Add drained potatoes and season soup with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper or season to taste.
- Stir in 3/4 cup sour cream. Bring to a boil then remove from heat and serve with your favorite toppings.
Recipe created by Haley and Jessie, owners of Two Chicks.