Whether you are after a delicious brunch with your family or a quick midweek dinner, this Frittata recipe can be both!
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Whisk eggs, cream and 1/2 teaspoon salt together; set aside.
- In a cast-iron skillet, cook the bacon; set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the fat from cooking.
- Saute the potatoes in 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Add pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt to potatoes and cook until tender
- In the skillet, cook the spinach, olives and garlic, stirring, until spinach wilts.
- Add the bacon back to the skillet and stir to evenly distribute.
- Add the potatoes and spread the vegetables into an even layer.
- Add the cheese on top and let it just start to melt.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cheese.
- Cook until you see the eggs at the edges of the skillet beginning to set.
- Bake the frittata until the eggs are set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool, then slice into pieces.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Try making just a veggie version of this too!
Inspired by and adapted from: the kitchn