Fried Mac and Cheese with Tomato Jam and Sriracha Mayo
Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp ap flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 lb grated sharp cheddar
- 1/4 lb blue cheese
- 1/4 lb grated provolone
- 1/2 lb grated parmesan
- 3 lb roma tomato
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 oz mustard seeds
- 2 cups mayo
- 2 oz sriracha
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Start with tomato jam - tomatoes, mustard seed and water. Reduce down for 2 hours.
- Boil water and cook pasta. While pasta is cooking begin your sauce.
- Start cheese sauce with unsalted butter and flour. Melt butter down, and add flour while whisking continuously, then add milk. Slowly, add in cheese and continue to stir as it melts and thickens.
- Strain pasta and mix into the sauce, creating mac and cheese.
- Spread mac and cheese out on a large tray (2" thick) and place in the refrigerator.
- Once cooled/set, take it out and use a round cup or cookie cutter to cut sections to fry.
- Dip round pieces in three separate bowls that contain flour, whisked eggs and milk, and panko bread crumbs. Then place them into the fryer.
- You will know they are done when the cheese begins to ooze out of the sides of the mac and cheese wheels (about 2 min on each side).
- Create sriracha mayo by combining mayo, sriracha and source cream in a bowl and mixing.
- On a plate spread the tomato jam out, placing the mac and cheese wheels on top. Then place a dollop of sriracha mayo on top.