Curry Cauliflower Soup
Loaded with vegetables and milk, this soup is packed with nutrition but easy enough to whip up mid-week and pop in the fridge to reheat later.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2.5 lbs cauliflower florets, separated
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups milk
- Lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- In a pot with a lid, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and carrot to pot and cook until onion is translucent and carrot begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, cumin and turmeric and cook for approximately 2 more minutes.
- Add 2 pounds of cauliflower and vegetable broth, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and add milk.
- Cover the pot and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While soup is simmering, toss the remaining cauliflower in a bit of coconut oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Once the cauliflower florets in the soup are soft, puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth.
- Return to low heat until ready to serve.
- Bowl the soup, top with roasted cauliflower, squeeze of lime and pinch of salt.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serve with hot sauce for those that like a little spice!
Inspired by and adapted from: Dairy Good