A refreshing cucumber salad can be the perfect side dish for meals during warmer weather, or anytime really. This easy creamy cucumber salad is an excellent accompaniment to seafood, chicken or grilled red meat.
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3-4 seedless cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced finely
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill, more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, more for garnish
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
In a medium to large bowl, toss cucumber and red onion.
In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, dill, mint, salt and pepper together.
Add the mixture to the cucumbers and toss to coat.
If desired, add more salt and pepper.
Garnish with more mint and dill.
Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Try sour cream in place of the Greek yogurt for a little bit of a different take on this salad.
Inspired by and adapted from: foodiecrush