Round up the cowboys and cowgirls for this cow-sponsored casserole.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 15 oz canned black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 6 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 - 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 32 oz tator tots
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until browned. Stir in black beans until combined and heated through, about two minutes.
- Add corn, cream cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar, milk, sour cream, cumin, black pepper and bacon to the skillet and stir until combined well. Season to taste.
- Pour contents of skillet into a 9x13 casserole dish. Top with a layer of tator tots and bake for 40-45 minutes uncovered.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes longer, until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.