Don’t be fooled by the French name, light yet intensely chocolate, this is a delicious treat. Yum!
- 5 1/4 oz bittersweet or dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 14 oz heavy cream
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 oz sugar
- Additional shaved chocolate, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Place chocolate in a large heat-safe bowl, microwave or set over a double boiler at a low simmer.
- Microwave or stir chocolate until melted. Take off the heat and let stand.
- Beat the cream over ice until it forms soft caps. Set aside and leave at room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg to soft caps. Slowly add the sugar and continue whipping until firm.
- Remove the chocolate from the microwave or double boiler and using a whisk, fold in the egg whites all at once.
- When the whites are almost completely incorporated, fold in the whipped cream.
- Cover the mousse and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour or until set.
- Evenly split into serving dishes and top with more whipped cream and shaved chocolate, if desired.
Try adding raspberries or other fruit on top for a twist.
Inspired by and adapted from: Food Network