Chocolate Cake with Yogurt Glaze
Who doesn’t love chocolate cake? This cake is chocolatey and perfectly tender from the yogurt. Yum!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, whole milk preferred
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, butter, vanilla, eggs, and orange juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Fold wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Coat a 12-cup bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour in the batter.
- Bake the cake until a toothpick comes out clean, approximately 45-55 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Turn pan over onto a cooling rack and gently tap cake loose from the pan.
- Chill cake in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt and powdered sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in orange zest, if using.
- Spoon the glaze over the top of the chilled cake.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Enjoy with a cold glass of milk or scoop of fresh ice cream for an extra treat!
Inspired by and adapted from: Chobani