Chicken Broccoli and Rice
This easy to make dinner is perfect for any weeknight and a great way to add some dairy and vegetables to your family’s meals.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 lbs cubed chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3/4 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/3 cup long grain rice
- 1 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1-2 cups cooked broccoli
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, melt butter and cook onion and garlic cloves.
- Once the onion is soft, add chicken and cook.
- Add rice, chicken broth, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Whisk milk and flour together, set aside.
- Once rice is cooked and water is absorbed, immediately add milk and flour mixture and mix until it is well combined.
- Add broccoli and cheese and stir until combined.
If you are tight on time, you can try making this in your pressure cooker too!
Inspired by and adapted from: I Don’t Have Time for That