This quick and easy baked flan is sure to be creamy, delicious and it can be served warm or cold!
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Heat the sugar in a small nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Swirl occasionally to distribute sugar until it is dissolved and begins to brown.
- Continue to brown the sugar until it becomes a dark golden brown, you may want to lower the heat and be careful to not over stir.
- Pour the caramelized sugar into a casserole dish or loaf pan, and shift the dish to coat the bottom evenly with sugar.
- In a blender or food processor, combine sweetened condensed milk, cream, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend on high for about one minute.
- Pour over the caramelized sugar.
- Fill a separate larger pan with about an inch of hot water.
- Place the filled casserole dish into the larger pan.
- Bake for about an hour, until the Flan is set.
Try adding caramel sauce or serving with fresh strawberries or raspberries!
Inspired by and adapted from: Dairy Good